Lions and Tigers and Bears, Oh My! February 22 2012
Lions and Tigers and Bears, Oh My!
- Ever have one of those days? You feel moody, gloomy and just need a lift?
- Maybe you’re trying to hold yourself together or stop crying?
- Feeling angry, sad, your heart won’t stop pulsing and you just don’t know what to do?
Motherwort helps to lift your spirit and lighten up.
For myself, I find that motherwort can soothe and strengthen my nervous system.
Have you ever felt like you are stuck in a rut? You’re angry, aggravated and just need a little something. Next time, reach for a little bit of motherwort tincture and see how all of a sudden things look a little brighter.
Motherwort is an interesting plant, as you look at her relatively innocuous flowers, just be aware that towards the stem they are very prickly and I’ve been stuck numerous times. How I interpret this is that motherwort can help us to embrace and nourish the parts of us that are a little prickly and sharp by allowing them to soften. Think about the times that maybe you’re angry at someone and you want to lash out at them. If you have a second to think clearly, take some motherwort and you may find that she will absorb some of the anger for you.
Motherwort is a wonderful plant to get to know. I’ve seen it used in many ways, these are just a few ways to think about using her:
· Women before menopause
- you’ve got the craziness of PMS – you’re cranky, irritable – try 10-20 drops of motherwort
- Menstrual cramps – use a dropper and repeat after 20 minutes until the cramps have stopped
- Tonic for the uterus
- Helps teens balance the emotional upheaval during their monthly cycle
- Helps moms after giving birth when their hormones are going wacky
- Helps perimenopausal women when they are feeling crampy and grumpy
- Helps moderate hormone levels
- Helps balance your emotional swings
- Helps many eliminate hot flashes
- Helps you go back to sleep when doing what I call the 2 am menopause dance
- Helps decrease heart palpitations
- Helps many with menopausal depression
- Very specific for nervousness with heart palpitations
- Culpeper says “Venus owns this herb and that it is under Leo” which means that it is a female remedy with an affinity to the heart.
- Strengthens the heart and relaxes the cells in the heart – helps High blood pressure
- Tonic for the heart
Not suggested during pregnancy
This information is for educational purposes only and is not intended to treat, diagnose or prescribe