For all those who showed up live on our call, I want to thank you for your time.
Our immune system needs to stay strong for the holidays and the winter, here are some simple suggestions for you.
I apologize about the little mess at the beginning of the tape when someone couldn't get into the call and called me on my cell, its just a few seconds and then we really get going.
Here's the recipe for the Immune Boosting Winter Soup for you
3-4 dried astragalus root slices
1/2 inch piece of fresh ginger root sliced
1/4 cup brown basmati rice
8 cups broth (you can use vegetable broth, chicken broth or the best is to use bone broth
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 1/2 cups winter squash chopped
1 cup shitake or maitake mushrooms chopped ( or use dried mushrooms or I love just putting a tablespoon of Mushroom Harves powdered mushroom mix)
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 cup corn - fresh or frozen
2 tablespoons light miso to taste
8 cloves garlic chopped
1/4 cup fresh parsley chopped (if you can't get fresh, dry will work)
- simmer astragalus, ginger, rice and stock in a covered pot for an hour
- sauted onion, squash, mushrooms in olive oil until soft
- add veggies to the soup pot, simmer an additional 30 minutes,
- add corn, cook 10 minutes
- remove the astragalus and discard
- dilute miso in a small amount of hot broth and add to soup -
- add garlic and parsley, let stand 5 minute and serve
I like to roast vegetables and then throw them in the soup to eat.