Wondering why water is important? Well, at birth we are 90% water - as we grow older we begin to dehydrate. The easiest and most effective way to reverse this dehydration is to drink water. But All Water is NOT the Same! What is in the water you are drinking? Is it clean water from a pristine waterfall or is it laced with chemicals? My mission is to help you create health drinking chemical free, alkaline ionized water.
Why Water? Well, it's the natural place to start improving your health.If you’ve read anything about your health in the past 50 years, it’s probably safe to say that water has played a key role in those articles. Since your body is made up of anywhere between 55 and 75% water, your body needs water to stay alive – and to thrive. Through lung function, perspiration, elimination and other natural processes your body performs every day, you also lose between 4 and 6 cups of water naturally. Water is critical to your health – lack of replenishment of water in your body can lead to dehydration, lightheadedness, dizziness and fainting. If you go too long without water, your systems can shut down, causing a host of much more serious health ailments – including death. Water is critical – but not all water is the same – especially when it comes to your health. What I want to see in the water you are drinking are 2 basic things – what the pH of the water is and what chemicals are in it.
Let’s start with the basics – adding more alkaline water.
- Alkaline Ionized Water is the most natural anti-aging treatment known to man. It is an antioxidant that is many times more powerful than Vitamin C or green tea.· Your body is 70% water... Give yourself the best! (click here to see the recommended products for increasing the alkalinity in your water.)
- Alkaline Ionized Water Restores Cell Function: Alkaline water is electrically charged drinking water that has antioxidant and vital life-giving properties. The water donates electrons to free radicals (positively charged ions) in your body, reducing oxidation and degeneration of cells. Oxidation is the major contributor to your body's physical stress and aging.
- Alkaline Water Increases Hydration: Electrolyzed water is broken down into smaller molecular clusters due to its electric charge. The tiny polarized water clusters are able to pass through smaller pathways in cells, allowing deeper penetration and hydration. Ionic alkaline water is up to six times more hydrating than conventional neutral pH water!
- Alkaline Water Neutralizes Acids: Most Americans have overly-acidic diets, resulting in degeneration, disease, and a multitude of related health issues. Water Ionizers create alkaline (high pH) water that reduces acid diet levels in your body, lowering your body's need to utilize bone and muscle tissue to buffer acidic foods and drinks into a neutral pH state. People with alkaline diets have more energy and better overall health.
So what is an antioxidant?An antioxidant is a molecule that is capable of inhibiting the oxidation of other molecules. Think about rust. When something becomes rusty it is breaking down, it is oxidizing. In our bodies this oxidation process can produce free radicals. If these free radicals are allowed to run free in our bodies, it is believed that they are involved in creating many degenerative diseases. Antioxidants basically attach to the free radicals and neutralize them. I believe that one of the best benefits of drinking ionized water is that every time we drink we are bringing antioxidants into our bodies.
Why is pH so important?We don’t want to be drinking water that has an acid pH as it just creates more acid in our bodies. What I have learned over the years is that the acid-base (alkaline) balance is crucial to our health. Disease tends to flourish in an acid environment, so you want to create an alkaline environment in your body. Health problems caused by higher acid levels or “unbalanced” pH levels: (When the pH is unbalanced, every cell in our body is affected.)
- digestive issues
- anxiety issues
- joint and blood sugar problems
- confusion, lack of focus, inability to learn
- disruption in calcium absorption, causing bones to be brittle
Back to Basics – what is pH?Let’s break this question down a little bit. First of all, let’s start with what pH is. pH is an abbreviation for “power of hydrogen” and is a measurement of the acidity or alkalinity (base) of a solution. When substances are dissolved in water they produce charged molecules called ions. Acidic water contains hydrogen ions (H+) and alkaline water contains hydroxyl (OH-) ions. Think back to chemistry class – pH is measured on a scale of 1 – 14. Neutral is 7, acid is less than 7 and alkaline is greater than 7. (note: a change of 1 unit on the pH scale is equivalent to a 10 fold change in the pH so to put it in more useable terminology water with a pH of 6 is 10 times more acidic than water with a pH of 7.) You say that having too much acid in the system is bad, and having more alkaline in the system is good. Why is that? What are some of the ways you tell clients to add alkaline? Yes, acid in our systems is a breeding ground for disease. I recommend making a concerted effort to shift to a more alkaline diet. I recommend Chanson products to help you make the shift regarding water. Isn’t there anything else in water that could be causing problems? Yes – there are chemicals that may be in the water. Municipal tap water has chlorine in it and it generally doesn’t taste good and it is questionable whether it is good for you or not.· Most communities also have fluoride in their water. In addition, there are many communities that have drug residue and heavy metals in the drinking water. The taste may be objectionable at that point and many people opt for filters or bottled water. To reduce the chemicals in your life, I highly recommend that everyone puts a water filter on their drinking water. Check out the Chanson water filters to get a sense of which one may be best for your lifestyle. You will have the safest and best tasting water around. Next I’d like to give you some information on acid water (basically low pH water) Chanson acid water can be used anywhere in your home. It will save you hundreds of dollars a year in expensive, dangerous chemical cleaners. It will replace many of your skin care products (it’s the only thing I use to clean my face)
- the Ultimate Green Cleaning Solution – is comprised of ionized acid water. Ionized acid water contains an element known as Hypochlorous acid; sometimes referred to as Free Chlorine. But UNLIKE chlorine, Hypoclorous acid is completely safe and 100% GREEN. It is a very powerful disinfectant and sanitizer for use with animals and humans alike and is approved by the FDA and EPA. Furthermore, it is capable of killing Staph and E.coli on contact.
- Bathrooms: can be used to clean and sanitize toilets, counter tops, glass, bathtubs, shower doors
- Kitchen: wipe down cutting boards, clean counter tops, clean stove top, microwave and cook top, clean animal bowls
- General cleaning: mop your tile or wood flooring, wipe down light switches and remotes, clean inside your refrigerator
- You can use the acid water externally on your body. I’ve seen skin problems like poison ivy, the rash that comes with sea lice, itchy bug bites, eczema and more clear up by just spraying or soaking with the acid water.